Group Tour and Travel
Group Tour Markets
At the Adventure Center, we are a great addition to your group visit to Asheville or through Asheville. You can spend 2 ½ hours with us or an entire day. We have activity options for children, youth, adults and senior adults.
We offer group tours:
- A step-on greeting
- Free parking
- A discounted rate for groups of 10 ppl or more
- A large tent for lunch and snack breaks
- Activities open year-round
- We are 5 minutes from downtown Asheville, 10 minutes from the Biltmore Estate and 45 minutes from Chimney Rock State Park
Group Tour Itinerary options:
Click on a link below to see the itinerary details...
- Adventure Center of Asheville Info and Itinerary
- Zip and Hike Outdoor Group Travel Itinerary with The Adventure Center of Asheville and Chimney Rock at Chimney Rock State Park
- Treetops Outdoor Group Travel Itinerary with The Adventure Center of Asheville and Chimney Rock at Chimney Rock State Park
- Group Tour Information for the Wildwater Nantahala River Adventure Center
- Group Tour Information for the Wildwater Pigeon Rive Adventure Center
At the Adventure Center, we have many options that range in physical activity.
Asheville Treetops Adventure Park (ATAP) is a challenge course in the trees that has 60 unique climbing, zipping, walking, jumping, swinging, and rappelling challenges anchored to over 30 trees and towering poles tucked into a wooded park. There are 5 different adventure trails ranging from beginner to challenging levels. There are several elements that are representative of the activities you can do in North Carolina including a sky kayak, a parkway tunnel, a snowboard in the sky, swinging hula hoops, a flying horse, bumper boats and a zip hang glider, all in the trees that make this a "Truly Asheville Adventure."
We use a new technology called a "smart belay" system that, when used properly, is designed to assure Park Guests are attached to safety systems at all times and cannot detach from the system until they have completed the aerial trail and are back on the ground. It is an active adventure that incorporates personal accomplishment.
- Max weight of guest is 265 lbs.
- Waivers are required.
- Ages 4 and over. (There are required trail escorts and restriction for younger guests.)
- 2 hours total trip time
- On the beginner trails, guests must be able to walk and balance on challenge elements like swinging bridges, double logs, and zig zag beams. Guests must be able to climb steps. While, the beginner trails are not strenuous, they do require the participant to have balance and some flexibility.
- Every guest participates in ground school and can start on the beginner trails- then if old enough, can “choose” to venture higher to our intermediate trails.
Asheville Zipline Canopy Adventures (AZCA) offers a group tour an Urban Canopy Tour that includes 9 ziplines and 1 skybridge in treetop platforms on several large adventure towers with mountain and skyline views of downtown Asheville. Jump on the Skyline Express to fly side-by-side with a friend for 1,200 feet. The sky bridges are opportunities to slow down and look around in our largest trees to learn about the history of the city and the trees.
AZCA offers the best of many worlds. It is convenient to Asheville and exciting. It is urban with views of downtown Asheville. And it is set on a 124-acre resort and designated tree preserve perched in and amongst some of the oldest and largest oak trees in Asheville. Zippers will enjoy scenic mountain views, as well as spectacular views of the Asheville skyline, as they fly through tree-lined corridors.
- Max weight of guest is 250 lbs.
- Waivers are required.
- Ages 10 and over.
- 2 1/2 hours total trip time
- While zipping is not a strenuous activity, you do have to be able to climb the stairs of our zipping tower. The speed of the guest is manually controlled, therefore every guest participates in ground school and on our 3 “practice” ziplines.
At the Adventure Center, we also offer a KidZip park (for ages 4-10), Kolo Bike Park, TreeQuest, a tree climbing park, and a Quick Jump off our canopy tower. If traveling near the Tennessee/ North Carolina state line, we have Rafting, Zipping and Jeep Tours at the Pigeon River in the Great Smoky Mountains. Or if traveling near Cherokee, NC, we have Rafting, Zipping and Jeep Tours in the Nantahala Gorge.
Sarah L. Dickson, Group Sales Coordinator