Hosted by the Daniel Boone Council & Adventure Center of Asheville
2023 is cancelled!
Merit Badge Workshops are offered Saturday and Sunday. Camping is offered Saturday Night at the Adventure Center of Asheville. Adventure Activities on Saturday and Sunday are also available at discounted prices. Every participant must pre-register (including siblings and adults) using the above link.
Saturday Merit Badge Workshops may include:
- Automotive Maintenance
- Citizenship in the Community
- Citizenship Nation
- Citizenship World
- Crime Prevention/Traffic Safety
- Engineering Pulp and Paper
- Environmental Science
- E prep
- First Aid
- Goin’ Great
- Space Exploration
- Veterinary Medicine
- Weather and Scholarship
- Wilderness Survival
Sunday Merit Badge Workshops may include:
- Mountain Biking
- Search & Rescue
- Movie Making
Pricing and Details
- $30 for the Saturday Event includes Merit Badge workshops and lunch (8am-5pm)
- $10 for the Sunday Event includes Merit Badge Workshops (9am-2pm)
- Saturday Merit Badge Sessions will be at Asheville Catholic School, 12 Culvern Street, Asheville, NC 28804.
- Sunday Merit Badge Sessions will be at the Adventure Center of Asheville.
- Anyone participating in any activity at the Adventure Center of Asheville is required to have a waiver signed by a legal guardian and an armband given at registration. 2023 Waiver is here!
- There is no transportation provided between Asheville Catholic and the Adventure Center. It is on your own.
Adventure Activities at the Adventure Center of Asheville include:
Camping at the Adventure Center- on the fields of the Adventure Center
WAIVER REQUIRED – one waiver per participant signed by a legal guardian required before registration
Saturday Night Camping
- Available to everyone for $20 per person.
- Be sure to register all parents and siblings who may camp.
- Restrooms provided.
- Saturday night cracker barrel and Sunday hot breakfast included.
- Hammock Camping is not available.
Asheville Treetops Adventure Park
ATAP is a challenge course in the trees that has over 77 unique climbing, rolling, walking, jumping, swinging, and rappelling challenges anchored to over 30 trees and towering poles tucked into a wooded park. There are 7 different adventure trails ranging from beginner to challenging levels. There are several elements that are representative of the activities you can do in North Carolina including a sky kayak, a parkway tunnel, a snowboard in the sky, swinging hula hoops, bumper boats and a zip hang glider, all in the trees that make this a “Truly Asheville Adventure.”
We use a new technology called “smart belays” that, when used properly, are designed to assure Park Guests are attached to safety systems at all times and cannot detach from the system until they have completed the aerial trail and are back on the ground. Guests can explore freely knowing the safety system monitors their attachments and is designed to not allow accidental unclipping from the safety points. It is an active adventure that incorporates physical fitness and personal accomplishment.
For the Twilight trip, watch the world transform from dusk to night while climbing in the trees. Trails will be illuminated to give climbing the obstacles a new perspective. Over 15,000 colored lights, plus colorful lasers sparkling on thousands of leaves, cables, rope, and platforms throughout the park will create a mystical tree climbing experience like you can’t imagine.
- Ages 4 and over (trail restrictions for younger ages)
- Escorts and/or monitors needed for younger ages
- 2 hours of adventure
- Black Trail is not open for Twilight.
- Max weight of Guest is 265 lbs.
- Guests must be able to walk on challenge elements like swinging bridges, climb steps, and balance. While, the beginner trails are not strenuous, they do require the participant to have balance and some flexibility.
Asheville Skyline Canopy Adventure
An urban canopy tour in treetop platforms on several large adventure towers with mountain and skyline views of Asheville.
Zippers will enjoy scenic mountain views, as well as spectacular views of the Asheville skyline, as they fly through tree-lined corridors. The Skyline trip includes 5 ziplines with 1,200 foot lines to go down side by side with a friend.
- ages 8 and over
- all guests must weigh between 70 and 250 lbs.
- 2 hours
- Boy Scout Troop 61 will provide an adult chaperone for each trip
Kolo Bike Park
Part of the Adventure Center of Asheville is a bicycle experience called Kolo Bike Park with approx. 3 miles of purpose-built mountain bike and cyclo-cross trails; wooden features with a jump line on rolling terrain; and an adult and kids pump track. We like to think of it as a mountain bike sampler-pack. Some of the features you’ll find are:
- Machine-built flow trail with dirt berms and rollers
- 2 pump tracks for beginner and advanced
- Wooden balance features and bridges
- Wooden step-down and gap jumps
- Dirt jump area with jumps ranging from easy to difficult
- 180-degree wood berm
The park is designed for all rider levels. Whether you’re just learning, taking it easy, or looking to push your edge a bit – you’ll find a taste of it at Kolo Bike Park. Hand-built single track in wooded space
- Helmet and closed toe shoes are required
- Pass is available from Saturday at 5pm until Sunday at 5pm
- Rentals available for $40 with park pass (height of rider is required to rent bike)