# AshevilleLookingForward- Favorite WNC Hike
As we look forward to our “new normal” once the world is in a better place, we have asked our staff about the favorite things they are looking forward to.
So here are our Staff Picks-Favorite WNC hikes:
- Graveyard Fields Trail- Blue Ridge Parkway
- Dismal Falls- Panthertown Valley
- Rumbling Bald Loop at Chimney Rock State Park
- Pink Beds Trail – Pisgah National Forest
- Table Rock Mountain– Linville Gorge
- Shining Rock Wilderness
- Sams Knob – Blue Ridge Parkway
- Shining Creek Trail– Shining Rock Wilderness
- Dupont State Recreational Forest
Asheville is located in the French Broad River Valley, surrounded by the Blue Ridge Mountains with easy access to numerous state and national parks. With some of the highest peaks in the Eastern US there are thousands of trails in Pisgah National Forest, the Blue Ridge Parkway, Chimney Rock State Park, Great Smoky Mountains National Park, Mt. Mitchell State Park, and Dupont State Forest.
Hiking Bucket lists:
- Top 75 Blue Ridge Hikes near Asheville
- 5 great Winter Hikes Near Asheville
- 9 great WNC hikes you must try
- Find your perfect hiking trail in Asheville, WNC
- Hiking in Asheville– 15 Must-Hike Trails for Kids
- Hiking near Asheville, NC
So, as soon as permitted, get outdoors and enjoy these wonderous trails with views, waterfalls, flowers, and fresh air!
As some of these hikes are currently closed, you can virtually hike some of them with ExploreAsheville.com. They have teamed up with Google Trekker to offer over 20 hikes and destinations from the seat of your computer. Check these out today!
Photo Credit to Romantic Asheville