Bring your Camp to the Adventure Center of Asheville
We are a GREAT way to have a summer camp outing with meaningful adventure activities in a fully staffed environment.
We host overnight, day, and traveling camps.
The Best in Camp Adventures
The Adventure Center is the best outdoor experiential adventure for activities that cultivate leadership skills, team building, and character development! We create exciting and competitive experiences designed to instill confidence, cooperation, communication, and connection between group members by offering:
- Asheville Treetops Adventure Park– largest WNC aerial challenge course in the trees with 77 unique climbing, rolling, and swinging elements in a wooded park with smart clips. It is Challenge by Choice! Seven aerial trails range from Beginner to Intermediate. Watch your group step out of their comfort zone to complete a challenge while encouraging each other to create a team bonding atmosphere.
- Asheville Zipline Canopy Adventures is an urban canopy tour with 2 options: Asheville Zipline Tour with 9 ziplines and 1 sky bridge in treetop platforms on adventure towers with views of downtown. Or our abbreviated tour, the Asheville Skyline with 5 zips including our 1,200-foot lines. We use a hand-breaking system that teaches self-reliance and confidence. Our extensive ground school and course options are created for group volume to minimize wait time.
- Tree Quest– Recreational tree climbing on a large oak tree. Guests use specialized gear and techniques to climb on one of our stately oak trees using a rope without negatively affecting the tree. Climbers “inch worm” their way up one of our eight climbs that range in height. TreeQuest allows guests to enjoy an adventure activity in a controlled situation so that they can focus on the thrill of the activity and experience the environment they are in.
- Kolo Bike Park– Mountain bike sampler-pack designed for all rider levels.
- Whitewater Rafting with one location close to Asheville on the Nantahala River
Our activities instill personal development and self-confidence, encourage cooperation with others, enrich problem solving skills, and offer fun with a challenge. While expanding your comfort zone, each person is supporting and planning with others in the team, developing positive relationships, building trust and inspiring positive changes.
Nowhere in Asheville are there so many different outdoor activities in one place that offer personal growth and discovery. Guests are encouraged to expand their personal comfort zones, increase their self-confidence, and support others challenged to do the same. We offer opportunities to move from good to great friends, team members, or leaders as guests literally climb to new heights!
We can offer:
- a discounted rate for groups of 10 people or more
- escorts and/or monitors required depending on age and activity
- bring your own meals or snacks
Our sister company, Wildwater Ltd. also offers whitewater rafting and ziplines at three other locations in the mountains:
- Wildwater Nantahala River in the Nantahala River Gorge (1 ½ hours from AVL)
- Wildwater Ocoee River in TN with Olympic Whitewater
- Wildwater Chattooga River a National Wild and Scenic River in SC/GA Blue Ridge
The Adventure Center Difference
At the Adventure Center we focus on the optimal guest experience in every activity we offer.
- college graduate facilitators/staff with outdoor education degrees
- challenging initiatives in an outdoor setting
- variety of group activities and team challenges offered in one place
- state-of-the-art clipping systems at our Treetops Park
- group start at all of our activities instead of waiting for one person to do an element
- full body harness and helmets at our adventure activities
- detailed ground school at each aerial adventure activity