The Adventure Center of Asheville is OPEN!
All of our activities are open with amended attendance and schedules, extensive COVID-19 protocols (face coverings required), and new social distancing and cleaning procedures.
As industry leaders in safety, service and risk management, we are carefully following the plans of Buncombe County and North Carolina regulators. Safety continues to be our main focus for all who work and visit the Adventure Center. Therefore, our daily safety training and protocols now include public health considerations brought about by COVID-19.
For all our of activities, you will find that we have changed some of our scheduled trip times and maximum number of Guests. These restrictions will help reduce lines, crowding, and close interactions with others. While, on the aerial adventures, we can’t eliminate all social contact with our staff, we will be implementing strict social distancing protocols and diligent cleaning measures to address Guest and staff interactions.
Our intention is to remain open to serve our Guests and employ our team as long as Guests support these restrictions and follow stringent social distancing. It is known that being outdoors in fresh air has many positive effects on general health, including sunlight having the capability to destroy a virus. Therefore, we are proactively creating new protocols and procedures to create a sustainable outdoor environment full of adventure and fun!
Our Guests will be screened
(see more information below) at time of reservation and arrival. If you or anyone in your family has or has had a fever in the last 14 days or if you believe you might have been exposed to the flu or Coronavirus (COVID-19) we ask that you arrange to visit at a later time.
Our standard cleaning procedures remain in place. On top of that we have added ongoing cleaning and sterilizing procedures in public and work areas. Items we might not have treated previously but that are handled by Guests/Staff regularly are now being included in regular cleanings and sterilizing between uses. All these measures are in place to help minimize the risk and exposure for all Guests and team members.
Harnesses and personal safety gear have manufacturer recommended cleaning guidelines to assure the integrity of the material. Because of these restrictions, we cannot guarantee that all gear or areas a Guest may come in contact with will be sterile to touch. However, we are diligently balancing the need for health safety and physical safety considerations for all team members and Guests.
No Contact Reservations, Payment and Waivers
Social Distancing Rules
- We are limiting the number of Guests per session and the number of sessions offered in a day. This includes Annual Pass holders.
- Reservations for every Guest are highly recommended, as those spaces will be held for those who have booked and paid online in advance. Annual Pass holders must also make a reservation. Reservations may be made online or by calling 877.247.5539. Reservations for Kolo Bike Park made be made online or by calling 828.225.2921 or 828.707.4876.
- Pre-arrival payment should be made in advance. Only credit cards (not cash) will be accepted at the Welcome Center.
- Pre-arrival waivers for every participating Guest should be completed BEFORE ARRIVAL.
Additional Health & Safety Commitments to our Guests
- All Guests checking in, entering the store/Welcome Center, and/or participating or walking around our aerial adventures will be required to wear a 2 LAYER face covering. That hands free face covering must be a separate piece of clothing that can reasonably remain in place while climbing or walking around in close contact. This is not only for your protection but for the protection of others. If you do not bring a 2 LAYER mask with you then you will be required to buy one at our Welcome Center in order to participate.
- Please always keep a 6-foot minimum distance from other non-household Guests including waiting in lines, gear up and ground school, and when starting your activity. By participating in an ACA activity, you are acknowledging that there will be situations where guides/staff will be required to enter the Guest’s 6-foot personal space for assistance.
- Modified rules at the Adventure Center will include social distancing space between Guests during their activity and more active Guest participation in gearing up and gearing down. For the Treetops Park, our staff will offer increased guidance when Guests choose the appropriate aerial trail to attempt to minimize the need for increased Staff contact.
- Please take advantage of our grass “overflow” parking field. Using the grass parking lot will provide more space to unload and prepare for your adventure.
- DO NOT GATHER WITH OTHER GROUPS NOT FROM YOUR HOUSEHOLD.
- No child drop offs, unless for planned ACA activities like camps. Guests must be at least age 16 to remain at the Adventure Center of Asheville alone without parental supervision.
- The Adventure Center of Asheville is utilizing numerous local, regional, & national guidelines set forth by medical and travel professionals focused specifically on travel related challenges to business and Guest safety.
- For the aerial activity staff interaction guidelines, we have been seeking guidance/collaboration from other adventure companies, equipment manufacturers, adventure park/zipline park builders, and our industry leaders. Therefore, we have new protocols that will be taken to minimize cross contamination between Guests and Staff.
- Bathrooms are cleaned regularly with disinfectant. When in line, please remember our 6-foot social distancing rule. And please wash your hands often and for 20 seconds.
- Although ACA will do its best to provide hand sanitizer, it is recommended that all Guests bring their own personal pocket-sized container of sanitizer, as supplies continue to be limited. And please wash your hands often.
- Our team members will wear appropriate face coverings to limit the exposure between our guides and Guests. Certain areas will have shield walls to limit the chances for cross contamination.
- Team members that are not feeling well, have been diagnosed with COVID-19, or have been exposed to someone diagnosed with COVID-19 in the past 14 days will be instructed to remain away from ACA. Daily checks will be conducted for all team members,
- ANY Guest experiencing symptoms, exposed to a person diagnosed with COVID-19, or personally diagnosed with COVID-19 should reschedule for another date or ask for a full refund. Please come visit another time: Our screening questions will include:
- Have you or anyone in your household tested positive for COVID-19?
- Have you or anyone in your household had a fever, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, chills, new loss of taste or smell in the last 14 days?
- Have you been in close contact (within 6 feet for at least 10 minutes) to anyone who has these symptoms or have been tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 14 days?
- Bring your own personal 2 LAYER face covering and other personal items as desired such as latex gloves, personal climbing gloves for the Treetops Park, sunscreen, water bottles, etc. Some of those items will be available for sale at the Adventure Center. (The water fountain is not available at this time.)
- You may want to bring a lawn/camp chair for personal use while you watch activities.
- Respect our rules regarding social distancing and restricted access to bathrooms, trails, etc. This is for both your safety and ours.
- Allow yourself extra time before and after your scheduled activity time. These new processes will add time to check in, getting started, restroom breaks, and the activities themselves. Plan for an additional 20 minutes before and after.
Please wash your hands often.