Homeschool Field Trips at the Adventure Center of Asheville
Looking for a great outdoor education and experiential learning homeschool field trips for your homeschool group? At the Adventure Center of Asheville, we have many options to book on weekdays in the Spring, Fall and Winter. They include high adventure like our Treetops Adventure Park or KidZip, STEM or Environmental Science immersive learning programs, Wilderness Skills programs including orienteering and shelter building, and Low Ropes Facilitated Teambuilding. There is also an option to bike Kolo Bike Park for your mountain biking students.
Your Weekday Field Trip for 10 or more people can include:
For ages 4 and over, we can create a day of fun adventure education and hands-on learning. Options include:
- Arrive in the morning and start with ice-breaker games to get your students warmed up for the day. Break into groups for our facilitated low ropes team building challenges to get your students communicating and cooperating with one another to complete group tasks. Join together for a de-brief, then break for lunch under our tent. Then kick off the afternoon at the Treetops Adventure Park. Choose your level of challenge as you traverse the aerial obstacles like the Sky Kayak, The Hang Glider, the Turtle Swing and the hanging Jelly Fish. And when you are climbing with a group, it creates a great team bonding effect including encouraging each other, laughing together and finishing with a great sense of accomplishment.
- Arrive in the morning for some Wilderness Skills programs. Choose between Orienteering (grab a compass and a map and work your way to victory with a team), Fire Building (with primitive materials) or Survival Shelter Building. Enjoy lunch on your own under our tent. Then spend the afternoon at KidZip. KidZip is a Zipline Park created for kids age 4-10. With 9 ziplines and 4 climbing challenges, the ziplines range from ground level to 25 feet high. It is a great way to finale to your day!
- Our STEM program focuses on physics lessons of motion, gravity, weight, and friction. Using small-scale models, we can demonstrate the forces that affect motion. Then try out our Nitro Zip as a team to see if your hypothesis is true. Break for lunch. Then spend the afternoon at our Treetops Course or KidZip to try out what you learned on a much larger real-life scale.
- Our Tree Ecology Program is based on an inside look at plants and how they interact with other living and nonliving things. Tree identification, decomposition exploration and a guided sensory hike are all included in this fun exploration program. Then spend the afternoon climbing in the trees at our Treetops Park!
The Adventure Center Difference
At the Adventure Center we focus on the optimal guest experience in every activity we offer.
- college graduate facilitators/team-members with outdoor education/recreation & environmental science degrees
- challenging initiatives in an outdoor setting
- variety of group activities and team challenges offered in one place
- state-of-the-art clipping systems at our Treetops Park
- group start at all of our activities instead of waiting for one person to do an element
- full body harness and helmets at our adventure activities
- detailed ground school at each aerial adventure activity
2021 Homeschool School Field Trips Dates:
April 21-May 28, 2021
August 23-September 30, 2021
December 1, 2021-March 11, 2022
Reservations are REQUIRED, please call group sales at 828.450.3400 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Home school discount day programs are offered to groups of 10 students or more. Adventure Discounts are only available on weekdays during the available dates when we are open.