Adventure Camp Kicks off the Summer!
Adventure Camp started Monday with a full house, a new Camp Director with an Environmental Education background, and new programs!
Meet our new Adventure Camp Director, Alex Shermot. She is an educator, naturalist and writer bringing over a decade of outdoor experience to ACA. She’s thrilled to be back on the east coast after spending several years out west working with different park organizations and summiting some of the toughest mountains in the lower 48. When she’s not immersed in the whirlwind of fun that is Adventure Camp, you can find her hiking, biking and painting in her free time. She can’t wait to meet all the friendly faces of the Asheville community.
Adventure Campers experience a different adventure every day of the week!
- Monday, climb the Treetops Adventure Park, choose your level of challenge on our aerial trails filled with balance beams, rolling elements, swings, bridges and tunnels.
- Tuesday zip the Kid Zip Park or the Skyline Express 1,200 foot lines.
- Wednesday, raft the Upper Pigeon River Class II and III rapids
- Thursday, enjoy a educational program and ride Kolo Bike Park pump track
- Friday, climb our Tree Quest oak tree and spend some time on the Kolo bike trails
Then stack that with swimming, enviro adventure quests, team bonding games and loads of FUN!
Outdoor Summer Day Camp fun!
At ACA, we offer 4 summer day camps on 100 acres right outside of downtown Asheville! Being outdoors in the fresh air has many positive effects on general health including boosting creativity, energy, and your immune system while lowering stress.
Check out our camp info! And sign your kids up today!